Port of North Dakota
For more information regarding the Port and Minot's distribution advantages, click here.
- Both rail served and non-rail served property available
- 3,000+ acre development shovel-ready for your business
- Will be the largest distribution hub between Seattle & Chicago
- 2 Class 1 Railroads- BNSF and CP
- International and domestic destinations
- Zoned in city, M2 Industrial with city services including water, sewer, electric, and gas
- Distribution center for crude oil, condensate, frac sand, truck brokerage, aggregate hauling, low-boy services, and more
- Indoor storage
- Ability to transload a large variety of commodities
- Identity-preserved containers prevent contamination
- Affordable and reliable services moving products in and out of the Bakken
Minot Road Infrastructure
To continue to provide superior road infrastructure, North Dakota has slated $1.856 billion for ND road projects (2015-2017). Minot’s prime location provides access to 3 U.S. Highways: HWY 2, HWY 52, and HWY 83. Our Magic city also offers a NE Bypass and the 55th Street Overpass to prevent trucking congestion and re-routing to avoid trains. In addition to state and local funding, Minot was awarded $14 million in federal funding for the 55th Street Bypass, which is a great example of how Minot’s transportation infrastructure has a nationwide importance.
Minot International Airport
The Minot International Airport is the largest airport in the state of North Dakota! Minot’s $85 million in airport infrastructure upgrades was completed in early 2016, with a new $45 million terminal, 12.4-acre apron, and new airport parking. Minot’s carriers, Allegiant, Delta, and United Airlines, fly to the following major cities: Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and Phoenix.
Verendrye Electric Cooperative provides electricity to homes, farms, and businesses in seven north central ND counties. Verendrye is headquartered in Velva, has a full service center in Minot, and outposts in Harvey and at the Minot Air Force Base. Verendrye serves parts of Minot and other smaller cities in the area.
About 85% of Verendrye’s Power is produced by Basin Electric Power Cooperative, which Verendrye and 137 other cooperatives own. The other 15% of Verendrye’s power comes from hydropower produced at the Garrison Dam. The power is delivered to Verendrye in bulk by Central Power Electric Coop., which is owned by Verendrye and five other cooperatives. Here is Basin Electric’s 2016 energy portfolio:
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. electric and natural gas company, providing energy to customers across eight states. Xcel serves 88,459 electricity customers specifically in North Dakota. By 2030, Xcel aims for a 60% reduction in carbon emissions and a 63% carbon-free energy mix for the Upper Midwest; currently Xcel is more than doubling their energy sources! As of 2016, Xcel’s corporate responsibility report for the Midwest includes:
Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. (MDU)
MDU provides retail natural gas and electric service to parts of Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. MDU’s service area covers more than 168,000 square miles and serves about 384,000 customers total.
Minot Water Capacity
Does your business have special water needs? If so, Minot has you covered. Here are three key water aquifers that surround the Minot area:
- Minot Aquifer- 2M gallons per day
- Sundre Aquifer- 6M gallons per day
- New Rockford Aquifer- Potential to supply 5M gallons per day
As the largest telecommunications cooperative in North Dakota, Minot is proud to be the base of SRT Communications. SRT provides over 50,000 active services to their customers; including the capacity to serve the Minot Air Force Base, internet, and phone services!
Midco delivers leading internet, cable TV, home phone and home automation services across four states. Serving over 300,000 customers in 335 communities, Midco continues to innovate, empower, and inspire the people of the Northern Plains.